The Importance of Healthy Kidneys
by Dr. Nasimeh Yazdani
The Pillars of Kidney Health
- Hydrate. (4-6 glasses of water daily)
- Clean Eating. Eat a moderate and healthy diet to promote a normal weight and low blood pressure.
- Exercise Regularly.
- Be Cautious with Supplements and Herbal Remedies. Excessive amounts of certain vitamins can be harmful to your kidneys.
- Quit smoking. Smoking increases the risk of kidney cancer.
- Be cautious of over-the-counter medications. Over using medications like ibuprofen for chronic pain can do long term damage to your kidneys.
- Get regular kidney function screenings if you’re at risk.